The MOH through the Division of Family Health/ Reproductive and Maternal Health Services Unit, implements and monitors programmes to promote the reproductive health of the Kenyan people. Its goal is to ensure provision of a comprehensive, integrated system of reproductive healthcare, through a range of services offered by the government, non-government agencies and the private sector
Gender Reproductive and Health Rights (Gr&Hr) Programme
Run by a program Manager and 2 officers
To increase access to quality and comprehensive SGBV services to survivors / perpetrators of sexual violence in Kenya.
Advocate for resource mobilization at National and County level
Strengthen networking and linkages with other sectors
Strengthen documentation and reporting of SGBV services
Prevention – Socio economic empowerment especially for girls and women.
Priorities of MOH on Sexual Violence Response
- Capacity Development of service providers towards quality service delivery
- Monitoring of quality of service delivery
- Implementation of existing relevant laws, policies and standards
- Improve linkages/ collaboration with other sectors and stakeholders at various levels
- Prevention – Socio economic empowerment especially for girls and women.