Neonatal Child and Adolescent Health unit
Strategic Goals :
A Kenya where every child and adolescent in every setting realizes their right to physical, mental and social well-being and not only survives nut also thrives.
End preventable deaths of children and adolescents in Kenya and ensure their realization of full potential and access to health rights as stated in the 2010 Kenyan Constitution.
To enhance child survival, growth and development.
The unit has mandate for age cohorts from zero to 18 years which comprises of more that 50% of the kenyan population.
- Development, review and dissemination of child and adolescent health policies
- Securing public health commodities for high impact interventions.
- Clinical guidelines development
capacity building and technical assistance to implement child and adolescent health programmes
- Co-ordination of child and adolescent health activities and partners.
- Liaison with other government agencies and sectors eg. education and social services.
- Liaison with professional bodies, development partners, the scientific, research an social fraternities.
- Child health research and knowledge translation
- Resource mobilisation for child health
- Health systems strengthening in liaison with other units in directorate and ministry.
- Innovating for optimal child survival and development eg. the mother child booklet