Family Planning Unit
The Government of Kenya recognizes family planning as an essential component of the National development agenda. A birth that is optimally timed is less likely to compromise the health of the mother or the baby and is a sure platform for improved reproductive health outcomes for the Nation. The Family Planning Unit recognizes the right to attaining the desired healthy family size through conceiving or managing infertility, or limiting or spacing births using modern methods of contraception.
Family Planning Priority Areas
- Advocacy for family planning services
- Family Planning commodity security
- Focus on Adolescents. The youth and vulnerable populations
- Integration of Family Planning services into HIV and Other programs
- Capacity strengthening
- Monitoring and Evaluation for Family Planning services
Family Planning Objectives
- Increase Family Planning service uptake among special groups (Youth/Adolescents, PLHIV, PLWD, Hard to reach areas, Displaced populations)
- Improve capacity of service providers to offer quality Family Planning services
- Strengthen Family Planning commodity supply chain management
- Improve coordination of Family Planning service provision nationally
- Zero unmet need for family planning.